Smart Square Mercy is a scheduling and analytics portal for Mercy healthcare. Smart Square helps healthcare organizations save time and efficiently reduce staffing problems.
If you are associated with Mercy, and this is your first introduction to the Smart Square portal, you are on the right webpage. Although Smart Square Mercy is an easy-to-use portal, if you face difficulty navigating the software, the following article is all you need to build a functional level of competence.
The following sections include prominent features of Mercy Smart Square, a brief overview of Mercy’s healthcare system, and Smart Square Scheduling software. Here you will also learn how to access your account, register a new one, and password resetting process.
- 1 What is Smart Square Mercy?
- 2 Mercy Smart Square Login at www.Smart-Square.com
- 3 How to Register for Smart Square Mercy Account?
- 4 A Brief Overview of Mercy Healthcare
What is Smart Square Mercy?
Smart Square Mercy is an online portal that provides efficient scheduling functionality and comes with predictive analytics. The tool helps staff customize and automate calendars for hospitals and health systems.
Having access to this software means you don’t have to barter and beg for filling shifts or worry about mismatching shifts among staff and doctors.
Features Of Mercy Smart Square
The following are the prominent features of Mercy Smart Square Portal:
- Predictive Analytics
Smart Square comes with Avantas Predictive Model, a powerful predictive scheduling tool. This feature estimate healthcare staffing needs starting 120 days out from the shift, enabling you to create better schedules and staffing plans sooner.
- Healthcare Scheduling Tools
If you have been in the healthcare industry, you may already know that hospitals and health systems take a different approach to scheduling shifts. This is where Mercy Smart Square comes into play. As it provides various schedules and a combination of strategies, you don’t have to worry about it.
- Cyclic Scheduling: Application of repeatable patterns
- Self-Scheduling: Selection of shifts to build core staff schedules
- Pre-Posting: Posting and selection of open shifts requiring manager approval
- Open Shift Management: Automated and patented open shift management and incentive program
- On-calling Scheduling: Supports pre-scheduled on-call needs, including on-call self-scheduling
- Rapid Shift Recruit: Text-based recruiting platform for fast-approaching shifts
- Business Intelligence Tool
Smart Square Mercy comes with various business intelligence tools that provide access to timely, actionable information. It essentially gives the upper hand to the manager or decision-maker as it helps them spot the emergence of negative trends and make adjustments accordingly.
- Schedule Dashboard: helps the organization in predicting staffing outcomes and trends. The best part? Using the schedule dashboard, you can pinpoint opportunities for additional focus, such as overtime.
- Financial Dashboard: If you want to look for daily productivity outcomes and compare actual worked hours to budgeted hours or costs for both variable and fixed hours, the financial dashboard got it all covered for you.
- Variance Dashboard: When you blend the schedule dashboard and financial dashboard, what comes out of that is the variance dashboard. It provides the reasons responsible for the variances between scheduled and actual hours worked. The best part? With the help of the variance dashboard, you, as a manager, can also keep an eye on your staff and identify trends such as staff members clocking in earlier or staying later than their scheduled time.
- Saving Time
Without a shadow of a doubt, it is true that scheduling or staffing software saves you a lot of precious time. Having access to the Smart Square Mercy portal, managers can build better schedules faster. Moreover, it assists to figure out things that could cause trouble down the line.
If you want to cut the time managers spend in scheduling and staffing in half, Smart Square Mercy has got your back.
The unique selling point of Smart Square is probably its transparency. It lets you view staffing levels vs. demand across the organization on a single screen. For instance, if you want to pinpoint areas of excess or need to make adjustments to fix it, the best way is to use a system view. It lets you see everything at the hospital or facility, department, and unit/clinic levels.
Mercy Smart Square Login at www.Smart-Square.com
It is pretty easy to access Smart Square Mercy. Here is how to do it:
Smart Square Mercy Requirements
- To log in to your account at Smart Square Mercy, you will need your Network ID and password.
- A PC with an active internet connection
Once you are already to log in, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, head over to the official Smart Square Mercy website from this link.
NOTE: Always make sure to access your Smart Square Mercy user account via the official site. There are a number of clones and third-party websites on the internet pretending to be the official website, so keep that in mind when logging in.
- After clicking on the above link, you will be redirected to the official webpage of the Smart Square login portal.
- Next, you have to scroll down and click on “Continue to SmartSquare.” In case you come across any error, simply tap on “Alternate login”
- You will be asked to enter your “Network ID” and “Password” to log in. Enter your user ID in the format “domain\user” or “user@do.”in”.
NOTE: User credentials, such as Network ID and password, are usually provided by the HR department of the organization. If you haven’t gotten yours, reach out to your manager to help with the issue. After accessing your Smart Square Mercy account using the default user credentials (for the first time), you may have to change the password.
If you are facing any trouble, such as your calendar not working, we suggest clearing your browser’s history and cache memory and then log in again.
How to Register for Smart Square Mercy Account?
Unfortunately, there is no option to register a new user or account at Smart Square Mercy.
While researching for this article, we scoured the internet but couldn’t find any links leading up to account registration.
Understandably, Smart Square Mercy is designed for Mercy Healthcare and the team, it can only be accessed by the organization.
If you are an employee of Mercy healthcare and have been asked to work on Smart Square but haven’t gotten your user credentials for the scheduling software, reach out to your HR department or your manager to provide you with the Network ID and password.
Reset Your Smart Square Mercy Password
Individual users can’t reset their passwords for Smart Square Mercy. When you sign in to your account, you are accessing the Mercy organization account. It means resetting a password or registering a new user can only be done via the HR Department.
If you don’t remember your Smart Square Mercy password, we advise you to contact the internal IT help desk.
A Brief Overview of Mercy Healthcare
Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, in 1871, Mercy is a not-for-profit Catholic healthcare organization serving Grand Rapids, Muskegon, the Lakeshore and the surrounding communities. Currently, it is located in the Midwestern United States with headquarters situated in Greater St. Louis in the west St. Louis County, Missouri suburb of Chesterfield.
Mercy Health is a leading hospital with renowned clinical leadership in oncology, cardiology, orthopedics and neurology. Michigan Business and Professional Association (MBPA) has named Mercy Health is named as “West Michigan’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Can anyone access the Smart Square Mercy portal?
No. Smart Square Mercy cannot be accessed by anyone. It is developed for organizational purposes, so only the staff members can access the account. If you are trying to have unauthorized access, you may face legal consequences.
Is Smart Square Mercy reliable?
Smart Square is developed by Avantas, which makes it a safe and reliable product. For more information on the same, we suggest you look for user reviews on the internet.
What is Smart Square Mercy?
Smart Square Mercy is an online portal for the Smart Square scheduling tools for Mercy Healthcare. It lets you see staffing levels vs. demand across the healthcare systems on a single screen.
What is the best way to login Smart Square Mercy portal?
To access your Smart Square Mercy user account, head over to the https://mercy.smart-square.com
What are the features of Smart Square?
SmartSquare comes with many useful features, which we have covered earlier in this article. To help you recap, SmartSquare helps predict volume/census forecasting, healthcare scheduling tools, and business intelligence tools.
So that is pretty much it for this detailed guide on Smart Square Mercy, its working, and more. We hope the information presented above helped you understand Smart Square scheduling software.
From our side, we gave out best to craft this article and include as much related information as possible. If you believe we are missing out on anything, feel free to let us know using the comment section. All suggestions are welcomed!
Also, do not forget to share this article with your friends and colleague who you think are in need of this valuable information.
Before we close this article, here is a quick disclaimer: we aren’t the Smart Square Mercy official. All of the things said above are a result of our in-depth research.
If you go to Google and search Smart Square Mercy, you will find very few results that are actually posting the correct information. Most of the sites are just crappy and contain no reliable knowledge about Smart Square Mercy.